Legal ServicesRating Methodology
Truck Company Negligence Lawyers in Camden, NJ
Experienced South Jersey Personal Injury Attorneys Hold Trucking Companies Responsible for Negligence That Results in Catastrophic Accidents in Camden County & Gloucester County, NJ
Companies are in business to make money. There’s no denying that. However, when a trucking company is more focused on profits than people, it may cut corners regarding fleet maintenance, guidelines about cargo weight and other restrictions. It may even “look the other way” when logbooks — known as “comic books” to drivers of 18-wheelers, big rigs, semis and other commercial vehicles — are mishandled.
The result could be a serious accident that might have been avoided had the trucking company followed guidelines set forth by the Department of Transportation’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Division. If you or a loved one has been the victim of a truck accident in New Jersey, you can rely on the skilled personal injury attorneys at The Law Offices of Andres & Berger, P.C. to hold the responsible parties liable for their negligence. Call our nearby Cherry Hill, NJ office today for a free consultation about your case.
Get Free Advice From An Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer. All You Have To Do Is Call 856-317-6558 or Fill Out Our Free Case Evaluation Form.
Truck Companies Have a Duty to Others on New Jersey Roads and Highways
Truck driver negligence (DUI, falling asleep at the wheel, road rage, distracted driving/texting) are the biggest reasons for truck accidents in New Jersey. However, trucking company negligence runs a close second in terms of major causes of truck accidents involving large vehicles.
US law requires companies engaged in using trucks to haul cargo to adhere to standards of vehicle maintenance, driver training and management, and record-keeping. These guidelines are in place to protect the public that shares the roadways with trucks, as well as trucking employees and the valuable cargo being transported. Failure to comply with these standards constitutes negligence in the eyes of the law.
It’s not unusual for trucking companies to bend, or even break, the rules when it comes to:
- Fleet Maintenance: Companies must regularly inspect and repair vehicles.
- Drivers: Federal regulations stipulate the number of hours a trucker may drive before taking mandatory rest time. Accidents are often caused by fatigued drivers who were encouraged to ignore hours-of-service laws.
- Record-keeping: Companies (and drivers) must keep log books at all times that specify driver rest times, vehicle maintenance and more.
- Cargo: Trucks must be loaded properly, with all cargo balanced and secured in accordance with DOT guidelines. There are also weight restrictions.
- Human Resources: All drivers must be qualified and trained to operate the vehicles. Additionally, drivers must be held to high standards and disciplined or relieved of their jobs when they are not meeting industry standards.
- Safety Equipment: The trucking company must install and maintain all safety devices, including mirrors, signals and rear-end underride barriers.
- HazMat Laws: There are strict laws about what types of cargo can be hauled and which roads trucks may and may not use when carrying hazardous cargo.
Find Out What Your Case Is Worth – Call 856-317-6558 or Fill Out Our Free Case Evaluation Form.
Trucking companies often have significant resources, including a team of lawyers, who stand at the ready waiting to deal with personal injury lawsuits. They are no match for the experienced attorneys at The Law Offices of Andres & Berger, P.C.. We never back down to Big Business or insurance companies. We have a reputation, and a success record, that speaks for itself. We will negotiate to get you the damages you deserve and we won’t settle for low-ball offers just to avoid going to court. In fact, insurance companies know we won’t hesitate to take a lawsuit all the way.
The Law Offices of Andres & Berger, P.C. have collected millions of dollars for truck accident victims and we will fight hard for the financial compensation and justice you deserve.
Contact The Law Offices of Andres & Berger, P.C. for a Free Consultation About Your Camden Truck Company Negligence Accident Today
We know federal and state trucking laws and we won’t allow the trucking company to get away with putting profits over people. We will find out who shares in the responsibility for your accident and seek to hold each and every one of them — the driver, the trucking company, the maintenance vendor — liable for your pain and suffering and more.
Call us today for a free consultation about your truck accident. We will answer all your questions and explain your options. You won’t pay a dime in legal fees unless we collect damages for you.