Truck Accident Lawyers in Camden, NJ
Skilled South Jersey Personal Injury Lawyers Help Injured Clients Collect Damages Sustained in Truck Accidents in Camden County, Burlington County & Across NJ
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates 95,000 people were seriously injured in truck-related crashes in the United States in 2013. In the same year, 3,964 people lost their lives in accidents involving large trucks. Bringing the statistics even closer to home: 750 of the fatal collisions that year occurred on New Jersey roadways.
If you or a loved one is injured in an accident involving a truck, we believe you are entitled to be compensated for your losses. At the experienced personal injury law firm at The Law Offices of Andres & Berger, P.C., we will prioritize your claim and fight tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve. Whether your accident was caused by negligence on the part of the trucking company or the driver, we’ll get to the bottom of what happened and hold all of the liable parties responsible for your injuries. If you lost a loved one in a truck accident, we will pursue your wrongful death claim to get your family the compensation you need and deserve.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in South Jersey
The numbers are particularly sobering when you consider that accidents involving tractor trailers, big rigs, 18-wheelers and other commercial vehicles are usually caused by completely preventable mistakes — tired or drunk truck drivers, poorly maintained equipment, improperly loaded vehicles and other reasons.
Is the trucking company at fault?
- Did they hire an inexperienced driver and fail to properly train them?
- Did the trucking company fail to do a background check on an experienced driver who might have had a record of accidents, DUI or suspicious credentials?
- Was the accident caused because the company didn’t follow guidelines for loading vehicles? Was the truck overloaded? Was the cargo not properly stored?
- Did the company fail to maintain the fleet properly? For example, was your accident caused by faulty brakes, defective tires or something else wrong with the truck itself?
- Did the company force the driver to work beyond legal hourly restrictions?
Did driver negligence contribute to your accident?
- Was the driver drunk or drugged while driving?
- Did the driver fall asleep behind the wheel? Even drowsy driving is a serious problem!
- Was the driver ignoring signage or other rules of the road, such as speeding or improper lane changes?
- Was the driver texting or otherwise distracted?
- Was road rage involved in the accident?
Did the environment or road conditions contribute to the accident?
- Should the roads have been cleared of snow, ice or debris?
- Was signage missing?
- Were the roadways in disrepair in a way that made it difficult for the driver to control the vehicle?
- Was another vehicle — other than the truck — driving carelessly?
The work that truck drivers perform — getting cargo from here to there — is something we all depend on daily throughout the US. Food from other parts of the country make it to NJ via trucks. All those online shopping purchases, heavy furniture and hazardous yet necessary substances that make our lives better get where they need to go via trucks. However, when anything goes wrong, whether on the part of the driver, the vehicle, the loading process, etc., the resulting accident and injuries are often catastrophic.
For decades, the personal injury attorneys at The Law Offices of Andres & Berger, P.C. have been protecting the rights of clients injured in truck accidents. We will investigate your crash, uncover the causes of what led to the collision and tirelessly pursue damages on your behalf. We’ve won millions of dollars for people hurt in truck accidents in South Jersey and we will put our experience and knowledge to work for your family.
Call for a Free Legal Consultation about Your NJ Truck Accident Today
At The Law Offices of Andres & Berger, P.C. we know that regardless of what caused the horrific truck accident that resulted in injuries for you or a loved one, you need and want justice. We will work hard to hold the truck driver, the trucking company and any other involved entity responsible for your accident and injuries. We will fight for maximum compensation for your medical bills, pain and suffering and more.
Contact our offices to request your free consultation today. Additionally, there are no upfront legal fees, we work on contingency. This means that if we don’t collect damages for you at settlement or in a courtroom, you won’t pay any legal fees at all. You have nothing to lose and justice to gain. Call today and learn why we are so highly regarded in New Jersey as top-quality personal injury lawyers.