Legal ServicesRating Methodology
Misdiagnosis Malpractice Attorneys in Camden, NJ
Experienced NJ Medical Malpractice Lawyers Fight for Maximum Compensation for Victims of Misdiagnosis in Camden County, Gloucester County, and Across New Jersey
The doctor is not always right. Every year in the United States, one out of every 20 patients – or about 12 million adults – is misdiagnosed when seeking outpatient medical care, according to study results published in a prestigious medical journal in 2014. Moreover, the study reported, in at least half of those cases, the doctor’s failure to correctly diagnose a condition caused serious harm to the patient. These statistics don’t even take into consideration preventable errors made in hospitals. Additionally, instances of misdiagnosis in children in the US were not included in the study.
If you or someone you love has been injured due to a healthcare professional’s misdiagnosis of your condition or illness, we understand your desire to get justice for your family. You need and deserve maximum compensation for your injuries. You can rely on the seasoned medical malpractice lawyers at The Law Offices of Andres & Berger, P.C. We are well known and highly respected throughout New Jersey for our relentless, and successful, pursuit of justice for our clients.
Get Free Advice From An Experienced Medical Malpractice Lawyer. All You Have To Do Is Call 856-317-6558 or Fill Out Our Free Case Evaluation Form.
Skilled Medical Malpractice Attorneys Protect Clients’ Rights in Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Experts suggest that doctors are often rushed, juggling too many patients or overworked and fatigued. A doctor can misdiagnose a patient’s condition (making a mistake by diagnosing the wrong condition; you are diagnosed with severe headaches, but you actually have an unruptured brain aneurism), as well as miss a diagnosis (failing to make a diagnosis at all; you are told a Pap smear is normal only to find out the test wasn’t interpreted correctly and you have cervical cancer). Either of these mistakes can lead to critical, life-altering injuries.
The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) published a study in 2012 listing the following reasons doctors made preventable medical mistakes:
- Ordering the wrong tests, such as x-ray, CAT scan or MRI, or failing to be thorough with testing, such as not ordering a complete blood workup to rule out less obvious issues.
- Failing to ask the patient questions that would lead to capturing a full view of the patient’s medical history.
- Interpreting diagnostic tests incorrectly, resulting in either a wrong diagnosis or complete failure to make a diagnosis that would lead to treatment.
The JAMA study found that symptoms most often overlooked by doctors during patient exams include abdominal pain, shortness of breath and a cough. All of these can be chalked up to common ailments but are also signs of serious conditions that, left untreated, can cause disastrous results.
Find Out What Your Case Is Worth – Call 856-317-6558 or Fill Out Our Free Case Evaluation Form.
If you are in Camden or Burlington County, and you are suffering from a condition that should have been diagnosed by a competent doctor but wasn’t, you deserve to be compensated for your pain. We have helped countless families in Cherry Hill, Voorhees, Mt. Laurel and throughout South Jersey win damages for their injuries caused by negligent doctors.
The Law Offices of Andres & Berger, P.C. Fight Tirelessly for Medical Malpractice Victims in Haddonfield, NJ
The successful and award-winning Supreme Court Certified trial lawyers at The Law Offices of Andres & Berger, P.C. have a combined 70 years of experience representing good families, like yours, who have been victimized by negligent physicians. Our reputation precedes us; insurance companies and other lawyers know that we are tenacious when it comes to fighting for our clients’ rights.
Here are some of our multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts obtained in misdiagnosis cases:
- $3,370,000 – Misdiagnosis of lumbar hematoma, lumbar nerve damage paralysis
- $3,000,000 – Misdiagnosis of cervical hematoma, cervical nerve damage, paralysis
- $2,250,000 – Misdiagnosis of cervical cancer, metastatic cancer, colostomy
- $2,200,000 – Misdiagnosis of cervical cancer, misread Pap smears, wrongful death
- $1,725,000 – Misdiagnosis of malignant melanoma, wrongful death
- $1,000,000 – Misdiagnosis of prostate cancer, metastatic cancer, wrongful death
- $875,000 – Misdiagnosis of dissecting aortic aneurysm, wrongful death
- $765,000 – Misdiagnosis of diverticulitis, peritonitis, nerve damage
- $725,000 – Misdiagnosis of coronary artery disease, wrongful death
Collingswood Misdiagnosis Lawyers Offer Free Consultations for Medical Malpractice Victims in South Jersey
If you have reason to believe that a physician has misdiagnosed you or a loved one, it’s critical that you contact the skilled and knowledgeable medical malpractice lawyers at The Law Offices of Andres & Berger, P.C. right away. When it comes to filing a personal injury lawsuit for medical mistakes, there is a strict two-year statute of limitations in New Jersey.
Speak to a member of our savvy legal team today, for free, to obtain sound legal advice and get an analysis of your case. Rest assured that we will fight for your rights and maximum compensation for your family.