Sometimes, those who have been involved in an accident are hesitant to place blame on the responsible party. They may feel that their incident was unavoidable, or might even place blame on themselves – despite the fact that someone else’s negligence was actually the cause. Unfortunately, they are then left dealing with the aftermath of serious injuries and the cost of medical bills, rehabilitation and lost wages.
In most cases, however, there is a reason why an accident takes place. It could be due to a defective product, a reckless driver, or even a negligent healthcare professional. But regardless of the circumstances, you should seek a qualified personal injury attorney as soon as possible in order to collect the compensation you so rightfully deserve.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Camden County, NJ
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries due to any of the following circumstances, you should contact a qualified personal injury lawyer as soon as possible:
- Dog bites – all too often people are quick to brush off dog bites or incidents without a second thought. Sometimes these occurrences can result in permanent injury. In one specific case a victim suffered permanent hip injuries when a dog jumped on her, resulting in a fall. She was awarded $205,000 in damages.
- Workplace injuries – many people feel uncomfortable seeking compensation for an injury in the workplace, but the truth is that you should feel safe and comfortable each and every day you spend working. In one case a victim received compensation of over $750,000 after being injured by a defective forklift.
- Surgical errors – sometimes it is hard to bring yourself to go after a medical professional whose job is to further your wellbeing. But doctors are people too and mistakes unfortunately do happen. When this is the case during surgery the consequences can be fatal. A wrongful death suit resulted in a $1,300,000 settlement when surgical error during a hysteroscopy resulted in the patient’s demise.
- Nursing home abuse – this goes unchecked and unreported all too often. In truth, even the act of not reporting a nursing home incident, abuse or neglect to proper authorities is grounds for legal action. In one specific case a resident suffered blindness due to a nursing home’s negligence. The case resulted in compensation of $700,000.
- Birth injury – the miracle of childbirth is always supposed to be a joyous occasion but that can quickly turn sour when your newborn is permanently injured during the birthing process. In one instance a baby suffered neurological problems as a result of malpractice while administering an epidural. That case resulted in a settlement of $750,000.
- Anesthesia malpractice – this is especially scary considering it is usually one person’s sole job to monitor a patient under anesthesia. But permanent damage is an unfortunate consequence, as was the case with a patient undergoing routine surgery. Anesthesia malpractice resulted in severe, profound and irreversible brain damage. The 39-year old victim ended up with a settlement of $7,000,000.
The Law Offices of Andres & Berger, P.C. have more than 80 years of combined experience and a proven record of success in obtaining multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts representing good people, like you, in all of the personal injury cases described above, and more.
Andres & Berger, P.C. Offer Free Consultations For Personal Injury Cases
If you or a loved one think you may have grounds for a personal injury case but are not quite sure of your legal options are, you should contact the Law Offices of Andres & Berger, P.C. today. Call 856-795-1444 to schedule a free initial consultation.
The articles on this blog are for informative purposes only and are no substitute for legal advice or an attorney/client relationship. If you are seeking legal advice, please contact our law firm directly.